Sunday, August 10, 2008

Taco Lita

For my first post on this blog I picked one of my absolute favorite places to eat since I was kid growing up in the Arcadia and Temple City area. This has got to be one of the most loved local places to eat. Ask any local where to get the best burrito in town and they will point you to Taco Lita.

The food here is simple but so delicious, the beef is cooked fresh; the beans are creamy and smooth. The lettuce is crisp, the tomatoes are ripe and the cheese is finely grated. The menu is simple and has not changed for as long as I can remember. When ever I go there I already know what I am going to order every time, a jumbo burrito and taco. Taco Lita also has combination burritos, tostadas, bean and cheese burritos and much more.

When I sit down to eat I always start with the jumbo burrito and this thing is huge, I can hardly eat the whole thing. There are five ingredients that go inside the flour tortilla; they are beans, meat, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. I think it’s the simplicity of the burrito that makes it so darn good. Every bite from start to finish is filled with all four ingredients, not like those other places where you don’t get the cheese until your second to last bite. Add the taco sauce to your burrito and you have not had anything better in your life.

Up next is the taco a staple for any great mexican restaurant. This taco is loaded with the fresh ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese; packed into a crisp taco shell. Every bite is full of crunch from the lettuce and the shell. The great taste of the ground beef with the tomatoes and cheese can not be beat. Add taco sauce to your taco and you have not had anything better in your life.

The tostada from Taco Lita is massive. They take one of those white to go containers put a tostada shell on the bottom heap a pile of beans on top of the shell add the lettuce, tomatoes and cheese then call it done. You can get the tostada with or without beef. This tostada eats like a meal by its self due to size of this thing. It comes close to being a called a taco salad which in my mind is absolutely fine. Again the uses of the fresh ingredients are what make this tostada number one in my book. Add taco sauce to tostada and you have not had anything better in your life.

If you haven’t figured it out yet Taco Lita taco sauce is, in my opinion, the best taco sauce out there. The sauce is not spicy hot but it has such great flavor that it makes anything taste better. In fact Taco Lita has such a great demand for the sauce that they sell packets of twelve at the counter for those of us that can’t get enough. On a jumbo burrito I personally will go through three or four packets of sauce. A taco will receive one packet of sauce and a tostada will receive two packets of sauce.

I can not say enough about Taco Lita and the quality of food they serve. Everything I have ever ordered from there has been fresh and delicious for as long as I can remember. Anyone I have ever taken to Taco Lita has left with the same feelings that I have about their food. I can’t really explain what it is that continues to draw me to the food other then it is simply the best burrito around town.




Taco Lita
120 East Duarte Rd.
Arcadia, CA 91006

http://www.myspace.com/taco_lita
http://myfoxla.cityvoter.com/taco-lita/biz/57594








Taco Lita on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Mama Kaster said...

Oh Em Gee!!! Taco Lita is like Sex... in your mouth! All yummy and the sauce... ooohhh yeah!! Im talking some kick ass function here... Delishhhh