Sunday, July 25, 2010

Italian Pizza Rosa

Italian Pizza Rosa
2825 East Lincoln Avenue Anaheim, CA 92806-4010 - (714) 630-0750
Open Mon-Thu 11am-9pm; Fri-Sat 11am-10pm; Sun 2pm-9pm

  So yesterday was my daughters sixth birthday party. The wife and I had a tight budget this week but we needed something that could feed a bunch kids and few adults that did not cost an arm and leg. But it also needed to taste good so my guests enjoyed their time at my place. So the immediate thought from my wife and I was Pizza Rosa. The Pizza we got was the 28" King Size which is 36 squares of pizza. The one topping 28" pizza is only $29.50 and that includes tax. Check out the picture for a view of the menu.

  I learned about this place from word of mouth and have been spreading the good word ever since. I remember the first time I went there I thought to myself this place is either going to be really good or really bad. Hole in the wall joints like this are typically at one end of spectrum or the other. In my experience I have never been to a hole in the wall place and it has been okay. So the first thing I order that day was the meatball sandwich. This is my personal score card for an Italian restaurant. To say the least I was blown away. This was one of the best meatball sandwiches I had ever tried. The meatballs were huge and the sandwich was covered in melted cheese. Whenever I have a craving for a great meatball sandwich Pizza Rosa is first on my list.

  After my little trip down memory lane I can tell you about the pizza we had yesterday. This thing was HUGE, it was half pepperoni half cheese and it was delicious. The pizza is so large to get it home I had to lower the seat in the back of my Scion xB and place the pizza in the back. The pizza is covered cover in cheese and pepperoni like any great pizza should be. The sauce they use is not acidic like some pizza sauce can be but not too sweet. It is a great blend of tomatoes and spices that reminds of the sauce my grandma used to make when I was kid. The crust on the pizza is crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. I love pizza crust, call me crazy but this is crust is the perfect end to a great slice.

  I could sit here forever and tell you about Pizza Rosa all day but trust me take the time to go and find out for yourself. The trip will be well worth your time and effort, plus it will not hit the wallet too hard. Hope you enjoy Italian Pizza Rosa!


Italian Pizza Rosa on Urbanspoon

No comments: