Saturday, November 6, 2010

Best Breakfast in Town?

240 N. Tustin Ave.
Orange, CA 92867
714-997-1850

  Last week my wife and I took the weekend off together since we were celebrating our sixth year wedding anniversary. Since the kids were at school we decided to go have a breakfast together and alone. The both of us had always heard about Arthur's Family Restaurant on Tustin Ave and how good their breakfast was, so that was were we headed. From the outside it kind of looks like an old west saloon or hotel. On the inside the restaurant has the same kind of decor. The wait staff was super friendly and since it was a Friday it was not too busy. My wife ordered some chicken and waffles and I got a ham and cheese omelet with a side of country for my biscuits. With drinks this breakfast ran us about twenty five bucks.

  My wife has fallen in love with chicken and waffles so when she saw this on the menu there was nothing that could change her mind. The chicken breast looked a bit small and the waffles looked crispy. My wife said the chicken was moist and delicious. She said the waffles was really good too. I tried the waffle and it had a crispy outside and a fluffy inside. A very good waffle that could definitely stand on its own.



  For me a ham and cheese omelet is standard breakfast grub. If a restaurant can impress me with a good ham and cheese omelet then I will come back time and time again. My ham and cheese omelet was covered in shredded cheese. The eggs were fluffy and cooked perfectly. The ham chunks were nice sized, tasty little nuggets of porkyness. The entire omelet was loaded with cheese. The overall taste of the omelet was good but nothing out of this world. The omelet was better then some I have had but not the best I have ever had. The potatoes that came with the omelet were cooked like O'Brian potatoes but I got them without peppers and onions. These potatoes where crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, a well cooked breakfast style potatoes. The biscuits really reminded me of the store bought biscuits in a cardboard tube. The country gravy tasted more of milk then sausage. The gravy needed more black pepper. The combo of biscuits and gravy was tasty.



  Overall I felt Arthur's Family Restaurant delivered two good plates of food. I would good back and have their breakfast again. Was it the best? Not in my opinion. The food was good but nothing that I could not have got at any other local restaurant. However the friendly wait staff made things a bit better. Super attentive and willing to help where they were needed.
 
Arthur's on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Hoteloscopy said...

It looks very yummy!

PapaKaster said...

@Hoteloscopy - It was good don't get me wrong but nothing special. Thanks for reading!

DanGarion said...

That's exactly what Arthur's breakfast is, good but nothing special. That's why it's always our backup plan. Well that and the fact that it is less than 1/2 a mile from our house!

PapaKaster said...

@Dan - It's like a five minute drive away from my house but this was my first time having breakfast there. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

I guess you don't like your wife that much if you took her to Arthur's, yuck! Go to the Original Pancake House in Anaheim, not in Orange they are different...then tell us if you really love your wife. All kidding aside try it and then let us know what you think!

PapaKaster said...

I have been to the Original Pancake house many times, both the Orange and Anaheim locations. They are both good and the Dutch baby is awesome!

jav-E said...

Man living literally right next to the pancake house in anaheim, ive only been there once... I think i was a teen ager and the reason why i didnt like it was beacause it was too damn small in the inside. Is it still the same?