Saturday, November 20, 2010

Waffle sandwiches from Bruxie

292 North Glassell St.
Orange, CA 92866
Open Daily 9am - 9pm
888-927-8943

  What a week I have had. My computer has been down due to bad RAM. I finally got it up and running on Thursday night. Work was crazy busy and the family has been running around getting ready for the holidays. I read many different local food blogs and all of them were buzzing about this place called Bruxie Gourmet Waffle Sandwiches in Old Town Orange that made waffle sandwiches. At first I thought the same thing you are all thinking, that just sounds gross. So I made it a point to get over and try them for myself.

  When the family and I got to Bruxie there was a line to order but it moved quick, once you order you can find a place to sit and the staff will call out your name to let you know when your food is ready. My daughter ordered the peanut butter and strawberry preserves sandwich, my son and wife ordered the buttermilk fried chicken and waffle sandwich and I ordered the Bruxie burger. I also ordered two orders waffle fries and two sodas. The total bill for this meal was $40 even.

  The peanut butter and jelly is made with all natural peanut butter and a choice of three preserves. My daughter swiped up half of her sandwich and started to eat right away. She was excited because she got to have PB&J for dinner. Of course I had to have a bite myself and damn was this a good PB&J. The waffle was crisp, the peanut butter was creamy and full of roasted flavor, the strawberry preserves added the perfect fruity taste. A sandwich I would order for myself in the future. My son and wife got the same sandwich, I knew my wife would order this because she can not get enough chicken and waffles. The chicken appeared to be piece of breast meat that was cooked to golden brown and delicious. They both had cheese added to the sandwich. My wife offered me a bite of hers and I gladly accepted. The chicken was moist and the waffle was crispy. They both told me that the sandwich was tasty and it was something they would order again.


  The Bruxie burger I ordered is an Angus beef patty with cheddar cheese, sliced tomatoes, lettuce and sliced pickles. I picked up this sandwich up and tried to decide how to attack it, finally I just opened wide and bit down. This sandwich was amazing. The patty was cooked to order, fresh juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce and tangy pickles. The waffle was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The nooks of the waffle stored the juices from the burger so almost none of it was lost. Melted gooey cheese added the sharp bite to even out all the flavors of the Bruxie burger. I was thoroughly impressed with this burger and would highly recommend any burger lover try the Bruxie burger.


  I can not forget to mention a few other items from Bruxie. The waffle fries were crunchy, salty and fluffy all at the same time. They were the perfect side to all these sandwiches. The soda at Bruxie is made with pure cane sugar which in my opinion is the best way to make soda. You do not get that film in your mouth that off the shelf sodas can give you. After all this there is one other thing on the menu that is a must have item and that is the frozen custard. After talking with Dean Simon, Chief Waffler at Bruxie, he told me the custard base comes from a source in Wisconsin. Oh baby was this stuff good! The custard was smooth, creamy and eggy like any good custard should be. The vanilla flavor was nice but not so intense that the other flavors of the custard were lost. I am telling if you do nothing else go to Bruxie and get a frozen custard, you will not regret it.


  Overall Bruxie is a winner in my book and should it be around for a long time. The wait staff was awesome and super helpful. They were always asking if there was anything they could get you or if there was anything they could do to help. I really liked the fact that Dean was out busting his ass just like the rest of the people. He was friendly and I could spent all night talking with him. The combination of great food and awesome service is something that is rarely seen now a days. Bruxie gets an A+ from me and I will definitely be going back. Take time out of your day to try Bruxie you will not be disappointed.
 
Bruxie on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

jav-E said...

I'm disappointed that you fail to mention about their cola...

PapaKaster said...

@jav-E I did mention that all the sodas at Bruxie are pure cane sugar sodas.

jav-E said...

Some how i fail to see it... Good stuff!