Sunday, March 20, 2011

Freebirds World Burrito in Orange

1632 E. Katella Ave
Orange, CA 92865
714-628-0651

  Freebirds World Burrito just opened a few weeks ago in Orange and I have been telling my wife that we need to go check this place out. I had heard it was like that other burrito place but better. So a Friday night without the kids was the perfect night to go and try it out. I ordered a carnitas with refried beans, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, cheese and Mexican rice. My wife ordered chicken, refried beans, tomato, sour cream, guacamole and cheese. We both ordered the Freebird size but they do have a few different sizes to choose from. We both made our meals combos so my wife got chips and salsa and I got a pot brownie. These two burrito combo meals cost about $20.

  My wife's burrito looked good but I would never take a bite of it because of the sour cream. My wife said the burrito was good and she liked the salsa that came with the chips. My wife said the chicken was bit over cooked which made it dry. She enjoyed the burrito but she said it was not the best burrito she has ever had.


  My carnitas burritos was good and stuffed full. The refried beans were creamy and smooth. The pork was cooked well and juicy. The rice and veggies added a tooth feel to the burrito that it needed. The guacamole came out of one of those caulking gun things and they only put two shots. A squeeze of lime before each bite of the burrito added a nice citrus flavor and overall it was a good burrito. The burrito was tasty but nothing I'd write home to Mom about. The pot brownie is not what you may be thinking. They call it that because it is cooked in a pot. However it is a really good brownie, moist and tons of chocolate chips.


 I did enjoy Freebirds World Burrito much better then that other burrito chain. Freebirds has a lot of additional items that can be added to the burrito but it will cost you. Overall I would say Freebirds World Burrito is good food but a little pricey for the quantity of food you actually get. If your like me and money to food ratio is important they this may not be the place for you. If you want a good tasting burrito and don't mind paying for it then I would recommend Freebirds.
 
Freebirds World Buritto on Urbanspoon

No comments: