Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Habit Burger

2720 Nutwood Ave. #A
Fullerton, CA 92831
714-871-9116

  It was another Friday night out with my friend, Jeff and we needed a place to eat dinner. I had heard about The Habit Burger but had never taken the time to go try it out. Jeff and I both love a good burger so I thought this would be a good time to check it out. I ordered the double charburger meal which is a double cheeseburger, fries and a drink. The entire meal was about $9.



  The patty was cooked perfectly and had that char grilled taste.They use shredded lettuce on the burger which some people like, I prefer leaf lettuce myself. The cheese was melted and the onions grilled. Yes, I was trying to get as close to a Double-Double as possible. The main different between The Habit Burger and In-N-Out is the grilled flavor you get from The Habit Burger. The burger was good but I think I was expecting the Heavens to open and the Angels to sing which did not happen. This burger did not blow me away and reminded me of something a home cook would make to try and duplicate that INO Double-Double. What did blow me away were the fries. These fries were perfect, crunchy outside and fluffy soft inside. A tiny bit of salt on them with the sweet zing of ketchup made these fries rock.

  Don't get me wrong I am not saying The Habit Burger was bad or some place you should avoid. I just think they are trying to mimic the Double-Double by simply changing a few things. If a charburger is your thing then The Habit Burger will certainly impress you and keep you coming back for more. For me personally I would never be opposed to eating at The Habit Burger again however if I want a sloppy and delicious double cheeseburger I'd prefer In-N-Out.
 
The Habit Burger Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments: