Monday, October 10, 2011

Muy Buena Mexican food in Placentia

El Farolito Mexican Restaurant
201 S. Bradford Ave.
Placentia, CA 92870
714-993-7880

  I can remember many years ago going to El Farolito with my family and the good food that was served there. The family and I were looking for a place to eat and I had to really dig into memory banks to remember the location but we were able to find El Farolito. My daughter ordered the kids cheese quesadilla, my son got the pork carnitas, my wife got the enchiladas verdes with chicken and I got the the chicken flautas. With drinks this meal was only about $38 dollars.

  My daughter said the cheese quesadilla was gooey and good. She also said the beans were yummy. Which was odd to me because she normally does not eat the beans on a plate. Normally I would have no problems ordering carnitas for myself but my son said he wanted it and I did not want to double up on the plates. I did of course grab a fork full of pork and these carnitas were amazing. They were tender and moist while still being full of flavor. My son had no problems clearing his plate of all the shredded pork he could find.




  My wife has been on a search for enchiladas verdes and tries them just about every chance she gets. When I saw them on the menu I pointed them out and she did not hesitate to order them. She got the enchiladas verdes with chicken. My wife said the green sauce was flavorful but not too spicy at all. She offered me a forkful  and I would agree. You could taste the freshness in the sauce which had a mild kick to it. The chicken looked to be all white meat and it was stuffed in side of these two enchiladas. At the end of the meal my wife said this was the best plate of enchiladas verdes she has had to date.


  After having had beef last night for dinner I opted to stay away from the carne asada plate and after my son picked the carnitas I went for the chicken flautas. Each flauta was loaded with white meat chicken and deep fried until golden brown. The crunch from the flour tortillas was prefect and they were not greasy at all. I was placing fork fulls of fresh guacamole on the flauta before each bite. The guacamole was creamy and rich but not over powering. The beans on the plate were delicious and what I think of when I think of homemade. The rice was full of green beans, carrots and other veggies which added a nice texture to the rice.


  I am very glad my memory of El Farolito was strong enough to remember the location. The food here was served quickly after being ordered and piping hot. The small building gave way to huge flavors and scrumptious food. If you have not been to El Farolito ever then I highly recommend you take time out of your day to pay them a visit.
 
El Farolito on Urbanspoon

No comments: