Monday, November 14, 2011

The 5n2 a local burger joint in Orange

5n2
125 E. Taft Ave.
Orange, CA 92865
714-974-8280


  My wife and I had a free Sunday afternoon to find some food. We headed back to a local burger joint in Orange. We lived right up the street from 5n2 for about 11 1/2 years. Back when we first moved to  the neighborhood, the place was called Ted's Burgers. The 5n2 was always a nice fall back when the family needed lunch or dinner so the wife and I decided to go back. I ordered the number 55 which is a chicken sandwich with bacon, tomatoes, pickles and cheese. I had them substitute fried zucchini for the fries. My wife had the chicken and lettuce wrap with a side of french fries and drink. The meal was about $21.

  My wife said the wrap was good and the chicken had a bit of spice to it. She thought the chicken had been marinated in some kind of spice before it was cooked. She said the spice was good and gave tiny bit of heat to the wrap. She did make a comment about there being too much lettuce but then I pointed out that it was chicken and lettuce wrap. The small fry was large for a small and the fries were okay. Some fries cooked well, some cooked too crisp and some not enough.



  The number 55 is combo meal I have been ordering for a long time so it was easy for me to choose from the enormous amount of menu items. The sour bread is covered in some kind of parmesan cheese spread then grilled. The chicken on the sandwich was cooked well and still a bit moist. The fresh tomato and pickles helped to add some moister to the sandwich.The bacon was limp and chewy, that was a disappointment for sure. The fried zucchini were okay, I have certainly had better. The small pieces of zucchini were over cooked and almost burnt. The average sized zucchini were cooked nice with a crisp coating and nice soft zucchini inside.


  The 5n2 serves everything from breakfast to sushi with some Mexican mixed in between. The menu choices are numerous but due to this the food is just okay. I think with such a large menu you can cook good food but nothing is going to shine. Like I said the food is okay but it is nothing that is going to knock your socks off. The prices are reasonable and a family can walk out of the 5n2 with full stomachs and still the parents will still have money left in their wallets.

No comments: