Monday, November 28, 2011

By Request, Tony's Little Italy Pizza

Tony's "Little Italy" Pizza
1808 N. Placentia Ave, Unit B
Placentia, CA 92870
714-528-2159

  I had asked on PapaKaster Eatin' Facebook fan page if anyone had any suggestions on a good place to eat, and one suggestion was for Tony's "Little Italy" Pizza. I was told by a very good friend that they have the best Chicago style deep dish pizza around. I have always wanted to try Chicago style deep dish pizza so this was an easy choice for me.

  Tony's is a small little hole in the wall type place with a few tables to sit at in the front area. The family ended up there on on Saturday evening and they were busy. We were fortunate to find seating since every table was full but we happened to catch a table as someone was leaving. When we ordered the staff was nice enough to warn us that it would be about fifty minutes until the pizza would be ready. I said that was okay then went ahead and ordered a large pepperoni with Canadian bacon, an order of garlic bread and two drinks. All together this meal was just shy of $29.

  The garlic bread came out within minutes of ordering. It was on what look like a french roll that was loaded with butter and garlic. The bread was crisp on the top and soft in the center and full of garlic and parmesan cheese. A good start to the meal and just enough to keep us happy until the pizza was ready.
  I am not exactly sure how long we had waited until the pizza came out but I would have say it was close to the fifty minute estimate if not a little bit sooner. When the pizza was placed on the table I was amazed at the size and the height of the whole thing. Pulling the first slice for my daughter the cheese was stringy, a good sign of quality ingredients. The pepperoni and Canadian bacon pieces hung on by threads of cheese. I then dished out slices to everyone else, with fork and knife we all began to eat. My first bite of pizza I got tons of cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon and a sweet tomato sauce. The bottom crust was crisp and it took just a little bit of knife work to get through but it was not tough. The entire slice of pizza was mostly cheese and toppings with some sauce on top. The end crust was crunchy on the outside and a little doughy toward the middle. This was a filling slice of pizza for sure but I managed to eat a second. After two slices of Tony's pizza I was done, the same was true for my wife and son while the little one only managed one slice.



  Is Tony's "Little Italy" Pizza the best Chicago stye pizza I have ever had? The answer would be yes because to date it is the only Chicago style pizza I have ever had. Was this the best pizza I have ever had? The answer would be no. Is that to say Tony"s Pizza is bad? No, not all. The pizza was exactly what I was expecting and it was delicious for sure. Plenty of toppings loaded thick and deep with a very good tomato sauce on top. A pizza anyone would be proud to produce and anyone who ordered one would definitely enjoy. I took the time out to try Tony's "Little Italy" Pizza and would suggest you do the same.


Tony's Little Italy on Urbanspoon

No comments: