Monday, February 6, 2012

Lunch from Forest

Bubba Gump
Shrimp Co.
87 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
562-437-2434

  So the family went on a field trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific. While there we decided to walk across the street to have lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. We were seated right away and the service was extremely friendly and fast. The atmosphere made me think I was inside the movie setting for Forest Gump. My daughter ordered kids chicken strips, my son got a shrimp po' boy, my wife ordered a chicken cordon bleu sandwich and I got fish and chips. With drinks the meal was only $46 but this is because my wife's sandwich was taken off the bill, explanation coming.

  My daughter chomped down her chicken and fries without any issues. The chicken looked crunchy and moist. My son said the shrimp po' boy was kind of plain tasting. He said the shrimp was cooked nice and the crisp coating was golden brown but he said there was no real flavor.



  My wife's first sandwich was not cooked and the chicken was raw in the middle. The staff at Bubba Gump's apologized and made sure she got a new sandwich. They also took the sandwich off the bill so that is why the bill was a bit cheaper. I did have a few bites of this sandwich and it was damn good. The chicken had some kind of thin crust on it, maybe a parmesan cheese crust but not really sure. The ham was thinly sliced and a couple layers thick. The swiss cheese was melted and gooey. Then this was all contained in a french roll that was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. A delicious sandwich indeed.


  My fish and chips was okay. My issue was the fish they used still had some of the darker meat, possibly the blood line, when it was cooked. This was kind of off putting to me but the rest of the fish was good. The batter was crunchy, the fish was flaky and the tater sauce had a tiny hint of spice to it. I was not displeased with the plate of food but not overwhelmed either.


  My experience at Bubba Gump's would have been a lot better if we did not have to deal with a uncooked chicken sandwich. However I am very pleased with the fact that Bubba Gump's staff made it right by taking the sandwich off the bill. Our server was very attentive and super friendly. This alone would keep me coming back despite the mistakes made in the Bubba Gump Long Beach kitchen.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company on Urbanspoon

No comments: