Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Breakfast to go

Duke's Charbroiler
3221 E. Chapman Ave
Orange, CA 92869
714-538-1814

  Sunday morning, with the kids wide awake, the wife getting ready work and Papa rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Everyone is hungry and you need something quick, tasty and inexpensive. For me it's Duke Charbroiler in Orange. The styrofoam to-go containers were filled with breakfast for  the entire family and only cost me $23.

  I kept it easy and got both of the kids a breakfast special that included two, bacon or sausage, hash browns, two pancakes and a slice of toast. What deal and each meal was only $3.69. Both kids enjoyed the meal and my son scarfed his down I was afraid he was going inhale his fork too.


  I got my wife and I the ham and cheese omelet which came with a large portion of has browns and two pieces of toast. The omelet was covered in a mix of cheeses, the ham was diced and plentiful while the hash browns were crisp and soft at the same time. I was not expecting a gourmet meal when pulling into Duke's parking lot but what I did get was a well made meal that satisfied everyone in the family.


  I am actually looking forward to going back to Duke's because the menu is extensive and covers breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is the kind of no frills restaurant that I love simply because the food is good and the prices are cheap. This allows me to take my family out for food and not break the bank.

No comments: