Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm a Hungry Bear

The Hungry Bear Restaurant
2219 N. Harbor Blvd.
Fullerton CA, 92835
714-526-2711

  Dropping the kids off at the Grandparents house means my wife and I are always close to The Hungry Bear Restaurant. My wife and I have dined at The Hungry Bear before and since I needed a place to write about we stopped by for lunch. The menu is loaded with breakfast, lunch and dinner choices. This time we both opted for sandwiches. My wife got the turkey and bacon sandwich and I got the turkey, ham and bacon club. Each sandwich comes with french fries. With drinks this meal was about $20.

  My wife said her sandwich was good. She said the turkey was moist and the bread soft. She said she really enjoyed the entire sandwich but it had a bit too much lettuce for her liking. But the sandwich was loaded with thinly sliced roast turkey and a couple of thick pieces of crisp apple-wood smoked  bacon.



  My problem is I can not make a decision so I try to find something that a has a little bit of everything I want. This turkey, ham and bacon club was perfect and cured my craving for a good club sandwich. The turkey being more prevalent then the ham but but still both meats well represented. The turkey was sliced thin yet still moist. The ham shaved of the haunch of pig and placed on this sandwich. The bacon added a nice fatty and salty component. The lettuce was crisp and the tomatoes were sweet and a slight bit acidic. The bread was gold brown toasted on the outside but not so much that it cut the roof of your mouth. Also the french fries were cooked perfectly. The outside was crunchy while the inside was soft and fluffy. A well made plate of food.


  All in all our lunch at The Hungry Bear Restaurant was nice. The food was good, the service was quick and the price was right. You may have a hard time finding this place because of the loction but I would suggestion you take the time and seek it out.


Hungry Bear on Urbanspoon

No comments: