Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chillin' at the Mission Grill

Mission Grill
31721 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
949-240-8055

  The family found it self in San Juan Capistrano checking out the sights. Directly across from the Mission SJC is the Mission Grill. Not wanting to walk all over the place trying to find lunch we decided to stop here. My daughter ordered the kids cheese quesadilla, my son order the steak burrito, my wife ordered the chicken enchiladas with green sauce and three taquitos while I ordered the carnitas enchiladas and two chicken flautas. With four smalls drinks the bill was just shy $45.

  My daughter's quesadilla came with french fries. The quesadilla was average in size and the fries were nice and crisp. My daughter ate almost all the food and her only complaint was that the quesadilla was a little greasy. It is a good thing I took a picture of my son's burrito when I did because that thing was gone before I even noticed. It must have been good if it was gone that fast. My son did say the meat was good and that he enjoyed all the other fillings.



  My wife ordered the chicken enchiladas with green sauce, normally they come with red sauce but Mission Grill can make the change upon request. My wife said the green sauce was mild but still had a tiny bit of spice to it. She said the chicken was good and still moist. She also said the taquitos were crunchy and the guacamole was creamy. She said that she enjoyed the food and that is was tasty.


  When the food was first placed in front of us I was very impressed with the amount of food for the price we paid. The plate of two carnitas enchiladas with rice and beans was only $7.95. The carnitas it self were full of pork flavor with bits of crispyness from how it was cooked. The corn tortillas that surrounded the carnitas were soft and light. The red sauce was flavorful but it tasted like it had a bit too much tomato. There was no spice to the red sauce but it was still very good. The rice was fluffy and the beans were creamy. The chicken flautas were deep fried to make the flour tortilla crispy and flakey. The chicken inside was still moist while the guacamole added a cool element to each bite.



  The food was very good at Mission Grill but what impressed me more were the prices. Everything we ordered was under eight bucks and could easily be worth ten or twelve at a sit down place. When I leave a restaurant and can not eat dinner because my belly is still full from lunch then I know I got my moneys worth. If you happen to visit Mission San Juan Capistrano do your self a favor and walk across the street to get your lunch you will not be disappointed.


No comments: