Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Found my Juicy Lucy

Old Towne Diner
152 N Glassell St.
Orange, CA 92866
714-532-9600

  I watch a lot of Food Network and have seen the Minnesota specialty burger called a Juicy Lucy. I have been trying to find a local restaurant that serves one and found that Old Towne Diner was doing this as a special. I grabbed the family and headed to Old Towne Diner for dinner once again. My only reason for going here was the Juicy Lucy, it was $5.99 with french fries.

  If you do not know what a Juicy Lucy is, it is two burger patties that have been stuffed with cheese before being cooked. In this case Old Towne Diner uses American cheese. The cheese gets all melted and gooey in the middle of the burger and every bite is filled with cheesy goodness. The burger is served simply with mayonnaise and pickles only.


  Normally I wouldn't cut a burger in half but I really wanted to show the inside of the burger to my readers. The burger it self was still moist and full of flavor. I really enjoy the burger patties at Old Towne Diner I don't know what it is but they are just damn good. The burst of American cheese with each bite was good and did not overwhelm the rest of the flavors. The pickles added a nice sour bite that helped to cut through all the cheese. The bun was slightly toasted but still soft. Such a simple burger but executed so well.


  From what I have heard this burger is a special for this month so I would advise getting over there and digging into this delicious mound of meat and cheese. I really do hope this burger stays on the Old Towne Diner menu because I now have a place locally that I can get one of these bad boys. This is now the third time I have been to the Old Towne Diner and they continue to impress me every time and have not disappointed me or the family. Take the time check this place out.


Old Towne Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments: