Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Grill 'Em All Restaurant

Grill 'Em All Alhambra
19 E. Main St.
Alhambra, CA 91801
626-284-2874 

  The family took a trip to the La Brea Tar Pits today and on our way home we had to make a pit stop at Grill 'Em All Alhambra. This is the newly opened store front run by the same guys that brought you the Grill 'Em All food truck. The same truck that won season one of The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network. I have always wanted to try their food but have never had the chance until now. My daughter got the FTW, my son got the Jump in the Fryer, my wife got the Dee Snider and I got the Paul Baloff. With two orderes of fries and two drinks this meal was about $52.

  The FTW is just meat, cheese and bun. The most simplistic of burgers for anyone that does not like the crazy combination on the menu. My daughter said the burger was good and that she really liked the meat. She ate the burger with no fuss so it must have been good. The Jump in the Fryer that my son ordered was burger, cheese, bacon, a piece of fried chicken with maple syrup and all served on waffles for buns. I had a bite of this and it was good but for me a little confusing. The chicken was good and the waffles were good but the flavors just fought with each other.



  The Dee Snider my wife ordered was a burger with strawberry jam, chunky peanut butter and bacon. I almost ordered this my self but reading the ingredients on the menu it just sounded very wrong. However I was wrong, but wrong in a very good way. I had to have a bite of this burger and damn it was good. Believe it or not but these flavors went with each other better then the Jump in the Fryer in my opinion. The salty, crunchy peanut butter with the sweet jam really worked well with the meaty burger. I very much got the feeling of warm PB&J but with a beefy twang to it. I know it still sounds odd but I am telling ya'll it was fantastic and something I would order for myself.


  The Paul Baloff was a burger with pastrami, cheese, pickles and a fried egg. All burgers at Grill 'Em All are cooked medium rare unless asked for differently. The burger it self was moist and dripping with juice. The pastrami was thick and fatty. The fried egg was a little over cooked for me, I wish the yolk was a bit more runny. Finally the pickles were nice and sour. Every bite of this burger was filled with each of these ingredients. I can only explain it as burger par excellence. The bun it self was soaked with all these flavors and held together nicely. But then again this burger did not sit around for very long. I must have finished this monster it less then ten bites. It was that damn good!


  The fries served at Grill 'Em All are double cooked so you end up with nice well done fries. Some are crispy and some are still a bit on the softer side. The salt used with these fries had a really clean and intense salty taste. The fries come with what I thought was a garlic aioli but I honestly like the fries with a basic ketchup. The ketchup added a nice sweetness to the fries that went really well with that intense salt.


  I would have driven out to Grill 'Em All Alhambra just to try it but since we were kind of in the neighborhood it was a win win. Overall I was very pleased with the all the burgers but my personal favorite was the Paul Baloff. If I had one criticism it would have to be the prices. For example the Jump in the Fryer was $15 by it self. While the burger was good I just feel $15 is a little pricey for an al a carte burger. Despite my personal cheapness I would still go back to Grill 'Em All Alhambra in a heart beat and if you are anywhere near this store front it is a must go.

Grill 'Em All on Urbanspoon

No comments: