Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Burgers before a show

G Burger
421 E. La Habra Blvd.
La Habra, CA 90631
562-245-7208

   My wife and I have been going to shows at La Habra Bowl for a long while now. Every time we go we pass a place a called G Burger. Well we finally stopped at G Burger before a show and had ourselves a couple burgers. My wife ordered the cheese burger with bacon and a side of garlic, Parmesan fries. I ordered the garlic, spinach burger with a side of fried zucchini. We both got a drink and the total cost of the meal was about $33. A bit pricey for two burgers and side but well worth every penny.

  The cheese burger my wife ordered is 100% angus beef with a choice of cheeses, my wife got sharp cheddar, tomatoes, red onions, mixed greens, butter pickles and mayo { Although the original burger comes with 1000 island dressing} all served on a high rise bun. My wife added bacon at an extra cost. I snagged a bite of this burger and it was your classic bacon cheese burger. The meat it self was cooked to a perfect medium which left the beef all moist and dripping with juice. The side of garlic Parmesan  Fries my wife ordered were aggressively garlicky and salty from the Parm. The fires were GBD (golden brown and delicious).



  Being the garlic lover that I am I saw the garlic spinach burger and was sold on the name alone. Reading over what this burger consisted of sealed the deal. The garlic spinach burger starts with 100% angus beef that is topped with garlic sauteed spinach, red onions, tomatoes, hickory smoked bacon and bleu cheese. This burger also comes on a high rise bun with a home made Dijon mustard sauce.. First bite of this burger for me was, simply put, nothing but enjoyment. The moans and groans coming from me must have sounded odd to anyone sitting nearby. The angus beef was cooked to medium leaving the patty full of beefy flavor and juice. The bleu cheese was tart and creamy, the bacon added crunch and texture. The spinach was full of garlic bits and sauteed to just passed wilted. There was a nice bit of spice to the burger that added a slight bit of heat. This was by far one of the best bacon, bleu cheese burgers I have ever had. My side of beer battered fried zucchini had a nice a crust on the outside that stuck to the zucchini. The zucchini stayed tender without being mushy. Here is your pro tip for the day, get the fried zucchini with the garlic, Parmesan topping. I wish I had done this myself. I had to McGuyver mine by using the left over garlic Parm topping from my wife's fries.



  The overall feel of G Burger was awesome. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The house music was awesome. I heard some great songs while eating dinner, Gun N Roses and Bon Jovi were among some of the tunes played. Not sure what took us so long to try G Burger but I can say now that whenever we have a show up in La Habra I know where we will be eating. I would highly recommend G Burger and if La Habra is too far for you they have other locations in OC so make sure to get yourself over there and grab a burger.


Gburger on Urbanspoon

No comments: