Monday, December 28, 2015

Karma Points for Mick's

Mick's Karma Bar
2010 Main Street, Ste. 165
Irvine, CA 92614
949-851-6316

  I'm always looking out for an exceptional burger. Honestly what's better then meat, cheese, veggies and bread? Not many other meals can stack up to perfectly made burger. This never ending journey took me to Mick's Karma Bar in Irvine. When I first arrived and pulled into the concrete maze of parking stalls I was excited but skeptical. Walking into the center of a business complex made my skepticism rise even more. However I was on this trip with an awesome friend of mine and I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong.

  Mick's is small and we were greeted by two friendly staff members and a large chalk board with the contents of this establishment's menu. I glanced over the menu stopping at a few options that I almost selected. But after hearing my friends order of "Karma burger, make that a double and a combo" I was snapped out of my haze, I followed suit and ordered the same meal. This was about $13 in total which included a specialty drink, I went with the iced tea mojito.

  The burgers came to the table quickly, with the side of french fries. I first grabbed some fries as I always seem to start there. Damn these fries were blasting hot, and must have been right out of the fryer. It's all good though because dipping the fries in the garlic aioli I got on the side helped to cool them down enough to munch on them. The crisp exterior of the fry and the fluffy inside was an excellent example of what a french fry should be.


  After a couple fries I couldn't wait and had try the burger. My first bite was full of so many different flavors and textures. Beefy, juicy, spicy, crunchy, sweet, soft were just a few that came to mind right away, The meat in this burger was tender, moist and full of flavor. These patties were covered in perfectly melted cheese which helped to hold some of the veggies in place. The tomatoes were slightly sweet, the lettuce was fresh and the cabbage added a nice crunch. The surprise for me was the Karma sauce which reminded me of a spicy thousand island dressing. It added a nice amount of heat without being overwhelming. I know I devoured this burger because my buddy looked away for a moment then turned back and was asking me where my burger went.


  Color me impressed by this burger. This was a stellar specimen of what a burger should aspire to be. The journey was definitely worth every bit of travel and I will be coming back to Mick's Karma Bar in the near future, And for any burger lover out there, like me, I must tell you to get quick thinking about trying Mick's and go asap, you will then know what I know now, this burger rocks! I cannot wait for my next visit so I can try the next burger. See you soon Mick's!

Micks Karma Bar

Mick's Karma Bar on Yelp

Make sure to follow me on Instagram @papakaster to see pictures before the reviews and pictures that did not make it to the review.

No comments: